Healing Transitions is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This statement explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way the information you provide us is collected and used. For easy and direct access, we provide a link to this statement from our home page and most other pages of our site.
What we may collect:
The type of Information submitted to or collected by Healing Transitions varies depending upon the nature of the activity and relationship with Healing Transitions.
- Browsing the Website: When you browse the company’s website, Healing Transitions may collect information regarding the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider you are using, and anonymous site statistical data. This information is collected for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of the company’s website and for security reasons.
- Inquiries: The website contains various forms, links to our addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and facsimile numbers that you may use to solicit information about the website and about Healing Transitions and its services. When you complete and submit a form, mail us a letter, send us an e-mail, send us a fax, or contact us by telephone, Healing Transitions may store the inquiries and their contents, including any personally identifiable information you may have provided. Any personally identifiable information you submit via an inquiry is collected only with your knowledge and active participation.
- Donating to Healing Transitions: Healing Transitions collects the following information through our secure online financial-transaction pages: name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s), and credit card information.
- Event Participation or Volunteering at/for Healing Transitions: Healing Transitions may also collect the following information when you register to volunteer or participate in an event at/for Healing Transitions: name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s), and certain additional information specific to the opportunity or event involved.
Except as specified in this paragraph regarding certain third party services, Healing Transitions is the sole owner of and the only organization that uses the information collected on this site. We do, however, use certain third party services to provide secure online financial-transaction processing services and online registration services, which may collect your personally identifiable information. Any information they collect is subject to their respective privacy policies, which can be found by clicking on the links to such services found on the pages where applicable.
How we may use your information:
Usage and disclosure of your Information varies based on your relationship with Healing Transitions. Healing Transitions never sells any personally identifiable information and, except as expressly set forth below, never discloses personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Browsing the Website: Information collected while you’re browsing our website may be used to analyze trends, administer the website, improve site performance, gather broad demographic information, and for security purposes. Such Information may be disclosed to third parties to provide any of the aforementioned activities on behalf of Healing Transitions.
- Inquiries: Information collected during the course of you submitting an inquiry via online form, e-mail, fax, or telephone call may be used by Healing Transitions to respond to your inquiries or to contact you to inform you of services of Healing Transitions that may be of use to you. Information collected during the course of an inquiry will not be disclosed to any third party.
- Donating to Healing Transitions: Personally identifiable information collected when you donate to Healing Transitions is used to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes and to include you on Healing Transitions’ mailing list and email list if you choose to join it. When you send a donation in honor or in memory of someone and request that an acknowledgement be sent to another individual or a family, we will use the name and address of that individual or family for acknowledgement purposes only.
- Participating in Healing Transitions Volunteer opportunities or events: If you are a participant in a Healing Transitions event or activity, Healing Transitions will use your information during the course of the event or activity. During the course of such event or activity, Healing Transitions may disclose your information to third parties that have contracted with Healing Transitions to perform certain functions of these events or activities on our behalf (“Subcontractors”). Healing Transitions may also use your information to contact you about other Healing Transitions events and/or activities and to inform you about general news related to Healing Transitions. Healing Transitions may also use your information for internal analyses or use your information at an anonymized aggregate level for reports, funding applications, and other analyses of Healing Transitions events or activities.
- Investigations and Proceedings: Healing Transitions may use information to conduct internal investigations and may disclose information to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities and may also disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other comparable legal processes.
What we do to help keep your information secure:
We care about the security of your transactions and only use third party providers who agree to apply industry-standard practices and technologies to safeguard your credit card information, which includes appropriate encryption and secure protocols to communicate with your browser software to help guard against interception of the credit card information you give us. You should be aware, however, that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Please contact Healing Transitions directly by regular mail if at any time you wish to be removed from the mailing list or if you would like to correct or change the personal information you have previously provided. To protect your privacy and security, we will take certain steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information or making corrections. Callers will be asked specific questions, including full name, address, phone number, and, if applicable, credit card numbers and/or expiration date, in order to verify their identity and protect the privacy of Healing Transitions’ donors and members of its mailing list.
Links to Other Web Sites
Healing Transitions site includes links, some temporary and some permanent, to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of any other Web site or the nature of the content contained therein.
Changes to This Policy
1251 Goode Street
Raleigh, NC 27603